[LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:29:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 2:07 AM, Max wrote:

> I wasn't suggesting that is is trivial. I was only wondering why they
> want to reinvent the wheel rather than making use of something that is
> already there (and in BSD license).

http://cycling74.com/2009/01/15/my-perspective-on-integrating-max-and-live/

"We’ve been working with Ableton for more than two years to bring Max
and Live together."

"Working on a complex task with another company separated by over 5000
miles and a nine-hour time difference has been an interesting
challenge. Time and distance were not the only issue, however. Even
though we respect each other’s software tremendously, the cultures of
Ableton and Cycling ’74 are, within the narrow confines of audio
software companies, pretty divergent."

"In addition to some of the Live-influenced changes we made to the UI
design, there were features we developed for Max 5 specifically to
address challenges of Live integration."

TL;DR: never underestimated the complexity of integrating an existing
project into a whole different codebase.

Alexandre