[LAU] icecast with jack as input source - experiences of a noob

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jan 24 14:17:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:27:15PM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Maybe someone has another suggestion?

If anyone would have asked me an hour ago I wouldn't have know the
difference between icecast and a fridge. [1]

The thread prompted me to explore a bit. Installed the icecast
package for Arch, and darkice-1.2 from source. Read some docs,
edited the config files. Configured darkice to use Jack and mp3.
Worked perfectly the first time.

Ciao,

[1] 'icecast' sounds a bit like the flemish dialect word for fridge.

--
FA