[LAU] Using a pe-count with Renoise/Ardour

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 25 12:43:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:29:02 +0100,
Atte <atte at youmail.dk> wrote :

> On 01/18/2014 07:26 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
>
> > The problem is that Renoise starts
> > immediately, same time as Ardour, so that music starts happening
> > when Renois is already at 32 (out of 64, default size).
>
> It sounds like you need to add a 32 lines pattern before the pattern
> in which you start jamming. Renoise needs this pattern to advance
> time, just like ardour doesn't start the music "all the way to the
> left".
>
> from the top in ardour = 0:0
> from the top in renoise = line 0 of pattern 0
>
> Or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Well, I'm new to Renoise, althought it seems that if a lead-in pattern
is added, it will then repeat that lead-in pattern + the other 'jam'
pattern (the one for jamming along with recorded tracks in Ardour,
always.  It should instead be only the 'jam' pattern that'd loop over.

Or, is it possible to only repeat a certain number of patterns (to the
exclusion of others defined patterns) in Renoise ?  Maybe even for a
certain number of times ?  That would be nice elsewhere: for instance,
there are 10 patterns.  But the tune calls for repeating patterns 5, 6
and 7 32 times befor emoving on.  Is the only way in Renoise to copy
over and over again, 32 times, those three patterns in the sequence,
or is it possible to tell it to repeat those 32 times and then move
on ?

So, two questions (ツ)