[LAU] Monitoring and effects (Ardour)

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 25 17:29:05 UTC 2014

Hello all,

  I sit possible to monitor a to-be-recorded Ardour track without
actually recording it.  By monitoring I mean hearing all effects that
are on that channel.  What I currently do is to add a send on the track
that is sent to channel 8 (1010LT card).  So then, channel 8 outputs
the instrument plus all effects applied to it (assuming the send is at
the end of the chain).  But, it only works when recording is on.  Not
so much of a problem, as the track can be deleted, although it could be
nice not to have to press record to hear the monitoring, just to
practice or fool around.