[LAU] (Slightly OT) New old music: Four

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Mon Jan 27 14:07:10 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 27. Januar 2014, 14:54:59 schrieb Carlos sanchiavedraz:
> 2014-01-10 Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de>:
> > [Edgar Aichinger]
> >>For the flash-less I can supply a link to my dropbox,
> >>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42502696/musik/Four/index.html
> >>
> >>I'm curiously awaiting your feedback, and I hope you enjoy!
> >
> > Duly enjoyed, thoroughly even :) -- lovely open sound with great flow.
> >
> > Thank you!
> > Tim
>
> Nice, calmed, intimate music that builds up progressively with
> arpeggios. It reminds me a bit of Fripps approach with Frippertronics,
> only that is more towards ambient and sustained mixed sounds.
>
> I think nowadays loopers would be your tool of choice.
>
> Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Carlos, indeed Fripp and (every instance of) King Crimson had a huge influence on me at that time, as  had a lot of other music coming from that corner -
Robert Wyatt, Peter Hammill, Eno and the Obscure series he published, and various minimal music composers (Reich, Glass and Nyman mainly), to name just a few...

Thanks for listening, I really appreciate the comments!

Edgar