[LAU] Focusrite 2i4

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:43:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de> wrote:
> [James Stone]
>>Thanks for testing this.. Quite weird - so you are getting crackles
>>even at 1024x3!!? That sounds really odd and definitely an
>>unacceptable performance. I have definitely not heard anything like
>>this on my device. I wonder if it is some kind of hardware fault. Are
>>you able to test it on a mac or windows comupter?
>
> Finally got around to do that and it's producing the same noises.  At
> this point I think it must be assumed the hardware is faulty after
> all. :)

Ah! Phew!

The only other thing it reminded me a bit of was static I get from my
bass guitar sometimes - not so much when I am playing it thru the
computer or an amp, but when I play it through my Zoom B3 (with a
floating ground transformer), there are a lot of crackles particularly
when doing something like rubbing the plastic pickguard!! Not sure if
this is of relevance to the 2i4 tho.

James