[LAU] [Semi-OT] Re: Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jan 27 23:39:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:58:07 +0100,
Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote :

> Am Sun, 26 Jan 2014 19:40:07 -0500
> schrieb "jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>:
> > On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:18:29 -0500,
> > Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote :
> > > sometimes, i envy applications that use encoded, proprietary
> > > session file formats :)
> >
> > Yes, I wish users could not modify Perl programs that are given to
> > them.

> Oh, there is an easy way to write perl programs that users can't
> modify: Just write perl code with a language-conform level of
> obscurity (that is normal perl code)! :-P

From experience with many developers, I can say that stupid things can
be done in any language.  Things can also seem to be cleraly written,
but not thought out that much.  People with Perl tend to be in two
groups:  the 'script' one which ranks close to the bottom of the barrel,
still relating to 5.0 issues of perhaps 20 years ago, not using
'warning' and 'strict' and such, and the 'program' one that uses proven
multi-tasking frameworks, contemporary object-orientation, and such,
which of course also tend to care more about design and programming
than the former group.  The first group is into 'Using Perl' and in
'Using C++' or how to use a hammer, while the second group is caring
more about the hosue to build than using the hammer (ツ)