[LAU] ESI Romio II and alsa-midi-latency-test failure

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 28 18:55:01 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014 13:53:55 Andre Majorel did opine:

> On 2014-01-27 11:03 +0100, R. Mattes wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:05:20 +0100, Andre Majorel wrote
> >
> > > If the Romio II is connected directly to the computer, instead
> > > of through a USB hub at the end of a 5-m cable,
> >
> > Is that a USB-1 or a USB-2 device?
>
> Both the Romio II and the Heden hub claim to be USB-2. Things
> usually work.
>
> > 5 meters are way above the USB-1 Specs (3m max.).
>
> That so ? Mmm, another obstacle to moving the computers away
> from the studio. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cables longer are available I have 2 of them 10 meters long.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.

<cas> well there ya go.  say something stupid in irc and have it
      immortalised forever in someone's .sig file
         law-abiding citizens.