[LAU] Using multiple audio interface on a UDOO board

Romain Michon rmnmichon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:53:19 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use two audio interfaces (Guitar Link UC6102) in parallel in
Alsa on a UDOO board that runs Ubuntu. The two interfaces are connected on
the two USB 2.0 port available on the board: I'm not using any hub. In 20%
of the cases, this works fine and I'm able to use the two interface as one
single "virtual" interface with 4 inputs and 4 outputs (see my .asoundrc
file bellow). However, in 80% of the cases, this doesn't work and dmesg
says: "cannot submit datapipe for urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth".

Any idea of where this problem comes from? I can use 4 of these interfaces
on the same USB port with a hub on my laptop without any problem...

Thanks for your help :)

Cheers,

Romain

.asoundrc:

pcm.myMAIN {
  type route;
  slave.pcm {
      type multi;
      slaves.a.pcm "myOUT0";
      slaves.b.pcm "myOUT1";
      slaves.a.channels 2;
      slaves.b.channels 2;
      bindings.0.slave a;
      bindings.0.channel 0;
      bindings.1.slave a;
      bindings.1.channel 1;

      bindings.2.slave b;
      bindings.2.channel 0;
      bindings.3.slave b;
      bindings.3.channel 1;
  }

  ttable.0.0 1;
  ttable.1.1 1;
  ttable.2.2 1;
  ttable.3.3 1;
  #ttable.0.2 1; # front left
  #ttable.1.3 1; # front right
  #ttable.0.4 1; # copy front left to rear left
  #ttable.1.5 1; # copy front right to rear right
}

ctl.myMAIN {
  type hw;
  card CODEC;