[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Lewis Pike phaselocker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 14:14:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:04:37AM +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Maybe resetting the JACK buffersize helps, you can do this with
> jack_bufsize on the command line. Without an option it will prompt
> the current buffer size, if you then run jack_bufsize with that
> value the situation might improve. Or you could first use a higher
> value and then switch back to the former lower value.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your help here; it's much appreciated.  I actually don't
have JACK installed.  I've really only been using a single application
at a time so my needs at this stage are rather modest.  I figured the
added layer of abstraction offered by JACK would only complicate my
troubleshooting.

I'm really only speculating here, but it seems like the ALSA drivers
are sometimes improperly initializing the Fast Track Pro.  Why this
happens only some of the time is strange indeed.

.lewis