[LAU] Writing jingles

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:37:58 UTC 2014

>> I recently started writing jingles, because I need them for my podcast and
>> videos that our skeptic group produces. I did not want to use somebody
>> else's when I have the ability to write my own.
>>
>> I found jingles to be a very complex and interesting material to work on. So
>> far I've written only one jingle that I am completely happy with and I am
>> presenting it to you here. It is a jingle that we use for our videos, when
>> the title of the video is shown and then the video proceeds to the lecturer.
>>
>> www.louigiverona.ru/files/TV_jingle_1.flac
>>

>> Has anyone else had this experience?
>>

> I am going to do a set of screencast videos soon,
> so I made a very simple introductory video for them:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqK-Urz45Q
>
> The workflow I used:
> 1. Create the animation in the browser using svg.js (www.svgjs.com)
> 2. Record the screen playing the animation using ffmpeg
> 3. Add music with Ardour3 (using MIDI in this particular case)
>
> This could sound as an insane workflow, but it has benefits.
> (not saying this is an elegant way of doing jingles).

I'm interested specially in the use of that JS lib for SVG. Most of my
lately projects and investigations go in the way of Open Web Apps
(HTML5/CSS/Javascript...). I see that lib is really light and has at
least basic functionality very useful, would be great if it could help
you to make node graphs/workflows.

> --
> Carlo Ascani | carlorat.me
> skype: carloratm