[LAU] Axiom 25: using pads with Hydrogen only (+ qsynth on keyboard)

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Jul 13 17:37:24 UTC 2014

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:13:17 -0400,
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote :

> Hydrogen only while the keyboard itself would trigger qsynth ?  Qsynth
> has sounds on all 16 MIDI channels and it seems that it's not possible
> to disable reception for a specific channel channel.  Nor turning the
> sound down for a channel.  Is this at all possible ?

To quickly 'solve' this I closed qsynth and am using Zyn for a bass
sound.  That allows the sending of the Axiom 25 pads to be as usual on
channel 10 for Hydrogen, with Zyn receiving nothing since not
configured for channel 10.  So now I can play bass and drums at the
same time.

I wonder though, if it is at all possible to use Hydrogen and qsynth
without having qsynth playing note on whichever channel is chosen for
Hydrogen.