[LAU] Desktop whole-screen audio/video recording

Philipp Überbacher murks at tuxfamily.org
Tue Jul 15 01:12:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 00:24:24 +0200
Gabriel Nordeborn <gabbe.nord at gmail.com> wrote:

> Simple Screen Recorder is really good and what I use. IMO you should
> have a look at that before you decide :)

I can only second that. I recently needed something to record a
gameplay video and the only thing I could get to work properly was
'Simple Screen Recorder' with an alsa-to-jack plugin. It does some
autoconnect stuff for jack, so it might not work for your use case.

For editing you can try to use something like Openshot, with the
recently released mlt 0.9.2 as backend it seems to be a little more
stable than with the previous version.

Both SSR and Openshot have profiles for youtube, how well suited they
are I do not know.

Regards,
Philipp