[LAU] A short story: from zero to recording the drums in a budget

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:09:46 UTC 2014

I do drums for a living.

This sounds really good.  It's hard to tell how they should be processed
before hearing what type of music will be with them.  I actually like the
unprocessed version better, because the kick is extended a bit further.
 The compression on the processed version kind of reduces the dynamics all
around.  Not quite sure what else to say.  They sound really good.  Oh,
also - it seems due to the placement of your floor-toms and the crash you
use most, that the kit is leaning to the right.  If you compensate for this
in your overhead placement, it could be easily fixed.  Also, due to ORTF
configuration, the kit sounds very wide.  Possibly too wide for most mixes
(again, this depends on what type of music will be mixed)

Great sounding drums, friend!  Keep it up!

--Jason
www.artcitysound.com