[LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:05:33 UTC 2014

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 18:06:51 -0400
From: paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
To: willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
CC: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
Subject: Re: [LAU] DIY digital control surfaces

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:

I can't remember where now, but I remember seeing a video demo of a mixing desk

that consisted of two positively huge touch screens - one as a sloping desk,

the other a vertical panel behind it. It was true multi-touch. The guy was

moving fistfuls of (large) faders on the lower panel and the upper one, as

well as displaying all sorts of info had what I think were routing controls.

there's the Raven and there's the Waves Emotion mixer.

i don't know much about the Raven - the Emotion is just a conventional very large multitouch monitor/surface with software.

--

I saw this one[1] at PLASA in London a few years ago I believe. I wasn't impressed from what I remember. Multitouch seemed to at least work for the two control but there was quite a bad lag, even when just using one finger, and the screen they had really didn't seem to have the resolution. Sure it could (and most likely is) done far better now!

[1] http://www.gizmag.com/emulator-dj-touchscreen-mixing-desk/20607/