[LAU] [Bulk] Re: music software for kids

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 26 09:54:21 UTC 2014

> Brian Sorahan <brian at gospacecraft.com> wrote:
> > Are there any music applications for linux that would be suitable for
> > a 10 year old

I assume that the 10 year old child isn't retarded, so the best thing
IMO is to really learn how to make music, instead of using babyish music
software. Learning without teaching is possible, just by fiddling
around. A short explanation how to use Qtractor or a simple MIDI app,
adding a virtual keyboard or a real MIDI keyboard, using fluidsynth or
similar shouldn't expect too much of a 10 year old, even when there's
not much interest, just a little bit fiddling around is wanted. Reading
documentations isn't needed, I'm a dyslexic, so I know whereof I speak.
Btw. I worked a lot with children around that age, my last job working
with those children was from beginning of this year until the the
beginning of this month (school hols).

2 Cents,
Ralf