[LAU] Installing VJPirate error

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 18:14:39 UTC 2014

Florent.

I tried to compile VJPirate and get his message. Originally had a missing fltk message but managed to work out what to install to clear that easily. This is more confusing to me though, as I know I have Jack and obviously I have ALSA.

Using Ubuntu Studio 12.04 although I do also have the KXStudio repositories enabled, which I sometimes wonder causes a bit of confusion...

$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for g++...yes
Checking for C header file jack/jack.h... yes
Checking for C header file alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
Checking for C library xml2... yes
Checking for C header file xtract/libxtract.h... yes
Checking for C header file X11/xpm.h... yes
Checking for C header file X11/Xlib.h... yes
Checking for C library png... yes
Checking for C library jpeg... yes
Checking for C header file aubio/aubio.h... yes
Checking for fltk-config...yes
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
No package 'libxml-2.0' found
Package alsa was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `alsa.pc'
No package 'alsa' found
Package jack was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `jack.pc'
No package 'jack' found
Package aubio was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `aubio.pc'
No package 'aubio' found
OSError: 'pkg-config --libs --cflags libxml-2.0 alsa jack aubio' exited 1:
  File "/home/dale/Downloads/debs/vjpirate-0.0.1/SConstruct", line 88:
    env.ParseConfig('pkg-config --libs --cflags libxml-2.0 alsa jack aubio')
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 1551:
    return function(self, self.backtick(command))
  File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 593:
    raise OSError("'%s' exited %d" % (command, status))