[LAU] live video switching? WAS: Re: VJ / VeeJing software alternatives

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 26 18:55:20 UTC 2014

(Must Remember To Reply To All On List!)

Not video switching, and if all your video sources are going to be
consumer products it may be of no interest to you, but the BBC has done a
 fair amount of research and development into tapeless production on
Linux over the years. Mainly multi-channel recording, using prosumer
Blackmagic card giving up to 4x SD in/outs.

http://ingex.sourceforge.net/

Plus
 other stuff, some of which is online but not targeted for the general
public, where BBC News is using Ubuntu boxes and the Blackmagic cards
for recording archive. Quite a lot of house written software though and
seems even the Blackmagic driver is their own...

Actually they used them for the Olympics so some info in an article here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/posts/Raven-File-Ingest-Olympics
(There is a Wiki out there with a lot more technical info though ;) )