[LAU] [Bulk] Installing VJPirate error

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 05:46:14 UTC 2014

> From: ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 20:43:48 +0200
> Subject: Re: [LAU] [Bulk]  Installing VJPirate error
>
> To search for the path run
>
> # dpkg-query -L packagename | grep file

Doesn't help.

eg.
$ sudo dpkg-query -L alsa | grep file
Package `alsa' is not installed.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.

$ sudo apt-get install alsa
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'alsa-base' instead of 'alsa'
alsa-base is already the newest version.
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 8 not to upgrade.

I am running 64bit. Do I need to make sure I have and point to 32bit libraries somehow maybe??