[LAU] VJ / VeeJing software alternatives

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:31:51 UTC 2014

> Recently I stumbled upon this thing:
> https://code.google.com/p/glmixer/
>

> Michał

Had some time to try to compile it, and after a while I succeeded
(inside Musix3=Debian Wheezy, and Ubuntu 12.04).

Really good looking, the workflow is a little different from the
normal kind of launch-sampler screens and such, but really
interesting. If you are familiarized with tools that are present in
video or image editors (Align, Crop, Stretch, Rotate) you get an idea
of it to make some quick demos.

The only problem is that after a while working with it, video-loops
started to get stuck and if you restarted again GTmixer you got an
error, and you had to restart session (or do some investigations to
see what thread to kill to prevent this) to be able to work again on
it. It perhaps is due to running it at the same time with some other
audio programs and Jack, but not clear yet.

Anyway, really interesting application. I'm working on it.