[LAU] Recommended near-realistic strings section generator?

Aiyumi Moriya aiyumi.br at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:09:06 UTC 2014

> yes kontakt player does work under wine I had problems with connecting
> midi doing it that way though.

Thank you for the clarification :D .

> If memory serves me correctly I did have difficulty installing it from
> the Linux side. I did have to do the initial installation in windows.

I gave it a try. Here, installation went fine. But I'm stuck on the
initial configuration (the "audio and MIDI settings" screen that
appears when Kontakt is run for the first time). This is the problem
I'm having (from the other thread):

> now I'm struggling with Kontakt Player. Any chance it can work without
> JACK+Wineasio? I'm on a multilib 64-bit system but still don't have
> 32-bit JACK nor Wineasio. Kontakt Player installed fine, but I'm stuck
> on the audio setup screen. There's "Wasapi (Shared mode)" as the only
> audio driver, status says "stopped", my onboard soundcard appears on
> the dropdown list, my MIDI ports get recognized, but no matter what is
> done, it complains that I need to set a "valid" audio interface... I
> don't know what's happening. Wine plays sounds from other apps just
> fine. Can't it work with the default driver, without JACK and Wineasio
> (not considering latency or anything yet), or am I missing something
> else? By what I got from reading their "Getting Started" guide, I
> can't add libraries if I don't get past this screen...

After that, I gave it some more thought. The "Getting Started" guide
says it "skips" this audio configuration if used as VST (the audio is
left up to the host). Would it be possible to add libraries through
the VST interface?