[LAU] Audio interface latency measurements

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jun 20 13:19:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 09:07:37AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> If you used jack_iodelay, it would do the math for you and show you how
> much extra latency is bing caused by the hardware (rather than the period
> size).

jack_delay will do this as well, use the -E option.

jack_delay 0.4.0
(C) 2003-2013 Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>
Measure round trip latency of a soundcard.
Usage: jack_delay <options>
  -h  Display this text
  -O  <playback port>   Connect output to named port.
  -I  <capture port>    Connect input to named port.
  -E  Report excess latency, requires both -I and -O.
The excess latency is the measured value minus the
expected value for the given ports including any
corrections set by Jack's -I and -O options.

Ciao,

--
FA