[LAU] Dithering...should we dither about it?

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sat Mar 1 18:43:09 UTC 2014

I've been using triangle dithering when I export at 16-bit in Ardour.

Not to start a religious war or anything, but I'd actually be interested
in hearing opinions about why that or some other alternative might be
better (shaped noise, etc.).  How do you usually dither?  Does it make a
difference?

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky