[LAU] Music Editors for Blind Users?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Mar 2 04:31:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 22:51 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> working with audio tends to involve the use of the screen to act as a
> kind of memory. there are a ton of parameters in play, and its a huge
> barrier if you constantly need to remember what they are all set to.

True for most of us, who have the ability to verify memory by taking a
look to a screen or notes written on a paper. The mnemonics of blind
audio engineers likely will work a little bit different. I guess the
"weak" point is "editing". When I was young we used analog recording and
IMO the missing abilities to edit audio productions wasn't a
disadvantage. I prefer music recordings without editing. To push a
record and stop key can be done by blind and seeing engineers. Mixing is
another "issue". I'm not blind, but I anyway prefer an analog mixer over
digital mixing with a mouse. Is there really the need for blind (and
seeing) engineers to have all the options that a GUI is able to provide?