[LAU] ebur128 batch processing

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 22:19:28 UTC 2014

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:48:04AM +0100, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> >    Hi,
> >
> >    I will got about 100 stereo wav files mixed hopefully in similar way
> >    (loudness).
> >    I need them process to meet ebur128 specification.
> >    True peaks -3dB
> >    RMS -23dB
> >
> >    Any chance to do it as batch process?
> >    Result quality is critical as material will be broadcast on TV.
>

> There is also http://r128gain.sourceforge.net/#apply that is said to be
> able to apply the gain in combination with sox, I haven't tried it
> though.

I've just tried r128gain ... works fine ...there are "several presets", but
not possible set "truepeaks" -3dB.
Also not sure how it handle true peaks and RMS (not sure RMS is right term
here).
e.g. If RMS is corrected and gained to -23dB then True peaks are handled by
limiter or just RMS is never raised to True peaks go over -1dB?

regards

mira