[LAU] Jack vu-meter to OSC

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Mar 8 00:15:32 UTC 2014

On 03/07/2014 10:57 PM, michael noble wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>
>> PS. I think Ardour3 can provide meter-info per route via OSC.
>

> How could one go about verifying this? It's something I'd like to take
> advantage of if it's possible.

read the source? or just try it :)

I was wrong. You can subscribe to receive async messages for the gain
fader, but not signal-level (in Ardour3.5.357). Adding support to ardour
to send meter-level notifications isnt't very hard, though.

Find a very simple script to exercise Ardour's OSC interface attached.

best,
robin