[LAU] REV-plugins / AMS moog

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Mar 9 00:58:54 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 01:37:38AM +0100, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Thanks! The question is whether it is wise to change the name of something
> like this ... I don't have enough developer knowledge to give the answer. I
> can only experience the problem as a user.
>
> The fix is quite easy, that's the good part, but these things are still
> annoying.

The problem here is that the original name of the plugin file (g2reverb)
was a bad choice.

You could also try to create a (symbolic or real) link g2reverb.so ->
zita-reverbs.so.

This will probably work with AMS, but may upset other apps which rely
on the unique number and will find duplicates.

There seems to be little maintenance of AMS. The latest version
I could find still depends on libclalsadrv while this has been
deprecated for some time, and the changes required to use
libzita-alsa-pcmi instead are really trivial.

Ciao,

--
FA