[LAU] Yamaha Motif XF as USB Soundcard

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:26:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Aiyumi Moriya <aiyumi.br at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you think Firewire has any chance of working? I had no interest to
> pursue it until now, and have no idea of the state of Firewire support
> on Linux.

Linux firewire drivers project: http://www.ffado.org/

The Motif XF isn't listed:
http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport%2Flist&filter0=yamaha&filter1=&op2=OR

A quick google returns this thread, probably of interest:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/442794/#456446

Otherwise, just try it: and see if it works. That's the easy way to find
out.

This seems a related project: sponsored by Yamaha initially it seems..
http://mlanalsa.sourceforge.net/

I have no experience with this particular type of streaming driver /
device, so I can't help much more :) -Harry