[LAU] Music made with Linux - a couple of tracks

F. Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Wed Mar 19 20:17:32 UTC 2014

Will Godfrey, Mar 19 2014:
> The first half of Beatus seemed very hesitant and there were some rather
> suspect bass notes (might be due to the nature of the sound you used), but
> afther the halfway mark the whole thing seemed to pick up considerably.

Firstly thank you for listening and writing, Will. I've listened to eatus again and the hesitation is intended. the bass notes seem OK, yet the sound is rather particular.

> Dragonride seemed much more polished and well rounded. A very enjoyable track.

Thank you very much.

> Letter to the Minnesaenger was an interesting exercise, and I liked the
> multiple arp and tune threads but something like this, heavily quantised - as
> I suspect it was - tends to sound rather mechanical.
There was no quantisation applied whatsoever. This indicates that I need to balance better between perfection and liveliness.

Once more: thank you for your insight and constructive criticism.

Ta-ta
----
Ffanci
* Internet: http://freeshell.de/~silvain