[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Mar 29 13:19:56 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-29 at 13:57 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Another problem in this regard may be, that many people in our realm are
> individualist, who like to do things, that are not that mainstream to
> fit the needs of a sample-collection for general use(whatever that may
> mean).

I guess we all would like to have a sample library providing a complete
classical orchestra, providing variations how the horns and strings etc.
are played + as much ethnic/tribe instruments as possible. So the main
problem seemingly is "Sample packs take time to create" + the
instruments and people who can play them need to be available + good
microphones need to be available. It's not easy to have the time, the
instruments, the musicians who are able to play the instruments and good
microphones at the same time, to record and create sample libraries.