[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Mar 31 10:23:15 UTC 2014

On 03/30/2014 03:10 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> My conclusion so far is that Bitwig gives you what Linuxaudio lack
> too often, smooth workflow and 'completeness' of features. This is a
> major thing for people who want to make music!

only for some kind of music.

Bitwig is just a toy compared to for example Csound and Supercollider.

> The challenge today is to make Linuxaudio tools more friendly and
> complete for musicians and integrate them better with each other.

I don't think it's much of a challenge. At least not challenge enough to
motivate any of the people who volunteer their time to linux audio.
Bitwig has a clear motivation for what they do. AFAIK, the interest of
most linux-audio developers is otherwise.

What we can learn from Bitwig is that, it can be done if you get a good
team together, motivate them towards a common goal and make
compromises.. but we knew that, didn't we?

2c,
robin