[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Mar 31 14:51:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 06:32:35PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > I very much prefer just having to wire up the synth I want to
> > having to remove the one I don't want first.
>
> Seriously, Fons?

Seriously. Having to remove any defaults I don't want is a
waste of time. Setting up what I do want is necessary anyway.

> Basically you've just admitted that you have no hands-on experience
> with Bitwig. What's worse, you appear to have no hands-on experience
> with Ardour 3.

I didn't mention either of them. But for Bitwig that's absolutely
true. It's not the sort of thing I need. Regarding A3, I've got
lots of hands-on experience with it. Even if it lacks the features
that would make *my* workflow a lot easier, and there is little
chance they will ever be added. I just learn to get the job done
using the tools that are available. In fact, A3 lacking the tools
I need is much less a problem than it growing obese by having a
lot of (for me) useless stuff built-in in a non-modular way.
I've done multitrack recording on my laptop using A2. Today,
even a completely empty A3 session will drive it into swapping.

Ciao,

--
FA