[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:59:12 UTC 2014

A software tool should make tasks easy, so you don't waste time on
cumbersome workflow, bugs and missing features, but focus that time and
energy on making music. This has nothing to do with the intellectual level
of the music or musician. It's probably just that proprietary software
projects have more money, working hours and better cooperation/teamwork and
better knowledge of GUI design to get this done.

Using software on Linux makes you pretty often loose time on bad workflow,
bad integration, bugs and missing features. The process of creativity or
producing your creative work, stucks in the middle too often. I guess this
is more true for MIDI then for audio (not surprisingly that Fons, Jorn,
Robin work mainly with the audio part and have little to complain).

One acoustic guitar can play smooth and gives you joy and satisfaction. An
other guitar can give you blisters, no good sound, it doesn't help you to
produce your creativity and is frustrating ...