[LAU] [ANN] OpenMusic 6.8.1 - fresh build from latest sources

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri May 2 20:12:40 UTC 2014

On 05/01/2014 07:44 AM, anders.vinjar at bek.no wrote:
> Just uploaded a freshly built OM (still beta) based on recent changes in
> the sources.  Look here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/linux
>
> The build is available as .rpm and .tar.bz2.
>
> This one changes to portmidi for midi playback. All midi-handling
> (files, messages, events) is shared between all 3 supported platforms,
> presumably making code more general and sustainable.
>
> This also means you'll need a (32-bit) version of libportmidi.so
> installed (but no longer need libfluidsynth.so).

Hi Anders,

No problem updating my installation, but I get a bunch of these errors
on start-up:

"Warning: System CL-MIDI is not registered as a MID system."
"MIDI system CL-MIDI has no SEND-MIDI-EVENT-FUNCTION"

In the MIDI tab of the Preferences there's no selection for the MIDI
driver. Where should I put the 32-bit libportmidi ? It's currently in
/usr/lib but it seems OM isn't finding it.

I hope you're enjoying Karlsruhe, it's a cool place. :)

Best,

dp