[LAU] Recommended near-realistic strings section generator?

Peter Crighton petecrighton at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:54:06 UTC 2014

I have the great Garritan Personal Orchestra (
http://www.garritan.com/products/personal-orchestra-4/) and have used it
successfully (on 64-bit Arch) – I haven’t touched it for 1.5 years, and it
doesn’t load at the moment, but I’m also on a terribly out-of-date Arch
version at the moment. It definitely worked beautifully back then.
It’s not native to Linux, but with the help of SAVIHost (
http://www.hermannseib.com/savihost.htm) through Wine it will load
perfectly. Presets can be saved. I think it only allows a minimum of 256
frames per period, though.
Miroslav Philharmonik from IK Multimedia (
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/philharmonik/) works in the same way,
but I like GPO a lot more.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de