[LAU] Gentoo Pro-Audio overlay: Jack downgrade?

Jannis Achstetter jannis_achstetter at web.de
Thu May 29 17:07:29 UTC 2014

Hi Brent,

Am 29.05.2014 13:36, schrieb Brent Busby:
> Should I be concerned about this?  What correlation does 0.121.3 from
> main Portage have to 1.9.9.5 in the Pro-Audio overlay, and is this
> really a downgrade?

It looks like fluidsynth has been converted to a multilib-package. And
as such it requires a multilib-jack as dependency. The ebuilds from the
pro-audio overlay have not yet been converted to multilib and this is
why portage wants to downgrade your jack to the latest multilib version.

In such a case I'd mask multilib version of fluidsynth.

Best regards,
	Jannis