[LAU] executing arbitrary bash scripts from midi notes

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 00:14:49 UTC 2014

On 02/11/14 10:16, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> On 01.11.2014 23:27, Athanasios Silis wrote:
>> hello there,
>> is there an application that I am missing that allows programming execution
>> of arbitrary bash scripts (or others) following pressing specific midi
>> notes?
>> googling about it did not provide any results..

check mididings, it can receive and filter midi, then System(cmd) is the
function you want .... the debian package is mididings. Probably just a single
command line can call a script after a specific midi event.

puredata will do it easily as well use:  [notein], [route] and [ggee/shell]
'shell' is in the 'ggee' library ... debian etc packages: puredata, pd-ggee

Simon