[LAU] turn your tablet into a real physical interface

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:06:50 UTC 2014

On 03/11/14 12:43, Martin Peach wrote:

>> Clearly the octopus is way ahead of us here but a touch screen that
> dynamically changes its texture as well as its colour is totally possible,
> just needs someone to figure out how to do it.

there are kinds of touch-displays for blind users I believe, not only a row or
two of braille ... with a big enough budget much is possible.

but other than vibration or little lumps there are other ways:

e.g. moving the whole surface ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veP1BcdYrEY

or another, changing friction not shape apparently ...
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/sensegs-tactile-display-gets-demoed-on-a-tablet-products-antic/

Simon