[LAU] Screencasting: record both desktop and microphone

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:01:34 UTC 2014

On 03/11/14 at 06:57pm, Louigi Verona wrote:
> How do you use Loopback device? When I choose it, nothing is being output,
> just silence.

Well, indeed I did some test with recordmydesktop but it seems broken when
dealing with jack ports (--use-jack).

This captures screen and my usb webcam microphone
$ recordmydesktop --device hw:1,1

...while this doesn't work, the one which suits your needs :-(
$ recordmydesktop --use-jack ploop:playback_1,ploop:playback_2

it gives me this error
Window size specification out of bounds!(current resolution:1280x1024)

and sometimes this one
Initializing...
jack_client_new: deprecated
Capturing!
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

--
« Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus »