[LAU] For your good morning laugh: Fwd: Re: A Jumble of Lines - Because that's what systemD is.

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Nov 6 17:16:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 02:12:04PM +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> can't help but feeling sorry for the lonely people behind keyboards. :'(
> i'm not sure i laughed so much, but i don't blame anyone here be sure of
> that. If anything i believe it's a good thing to ventilate anger, as
> long as it is expressed with laughter and not physically (yeah...
> well.... if everybody involved is consenting to physical relief, maybe
> why not? ). <3
>
> But i got curious about this licensing thing.
>
> How about the scenario where i publish my ardour project, including all
> the midi-data files and raw audio? Is CC still a better choice then GPL?

I remember when Creative Commons launched (went to the launch party, saw Larry Lessig do a powerpoint, ate good food, and saw Aaron Swartz there, alas RIP).

The whole point of CC, as I recall, was to apply GPL-like copyleft principles to non-software works.

I'm not a lawyer tho.

And I found that email exchange more sad than funny, kind of like watching a train wreck.

-ken