[LAU] Piano Zero

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:51:06 UTC 2014

> Greetings,
>
> Variations for solo sequenced piano :
>
>     https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/piano-zero
>
> A better-sounding FLAC-encoded version is also available :
>
>     http://linux-sound.org/audio/PianoZero.flac
>
> This piece is a through-composed set of variations on an 8-note theme.
> It's 32+ minutes long, not strictly tonal but not 12-tone either. Probably
> not easy listening, so feel free to skip it if your tastes tend more
> towards Yanni than to Cecil Taylor.
>
> It's not currently wholly playable by a soloist. It's also not completely
> polished, this version is a second draft uploaded for comments. Notation to
> follow sometime next year.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Strange, eclectic... but I like it. A mixture of dodecaphonism, avant-gard,
and some passages more easy listening classical piano.

I'm curious about composition; this is something you wanted to achieve as
it is (20 mins with some guiding thread or idea behind), or they are
various fragments that you arranged as a whole?

Also interested about instruments and programs you used.

Thanks for sharing!

--

C. sanchiavedraZ:
* NEW / NUEVO:     www.sanchiavedraZ.com