[LAU] linuxDSP switch to OverTone

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:00:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 08:56:37AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > you'll find more discussion here; https://community.ardour.org/node/8496
> Ah, hmm. It seems maybe this isn't the disaster it seemed. I had a memory
> that VST support on Linux was shaky and on dodgy legal footing, but perhaps
> it's moved on or I've had the wrong end of the stick.

*Windows* VST on Linux is shaky and dodgy (requires Wine and special
compile of Ardour). I've verified that *Linux* VST (which are natively
compiled plugins like LV2) can be used without issue in some hosts, like
Ardour. I think they may work in MixBus also (not 100% sure on that, maybe
in the upcoming Mixbus3)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it