[LAU] Dual booting Osx / Ubuntu studio on old MacBook 1, 1(2006)...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan.osaudio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 19:34:01 UTC 2014

... With intel core duo (not core 2 duo).

What a bitch! But I've been able to boot kxstudio and Ubuntu studio (32bit) versions from live USB. I shrunk the HFS+ partition to make room and installed Ubuntu studio to the new ext4 part. Won't install the boot loader (coz of EFI)... rEFIt & rEFInd don't seem to be getting it done to recognize the images on the ext4 partition.

I've read thru many of the Ubuntu and like tutorials. Any simple clues to getting this done?  I like Linux on the Mac.. It has optical spdif out on regular sound card for 1 thing. And it's a 2ghz dual core, working a little better than the Vaio 1.6 dual core of the same era.

Thnx in advance.

~ Russell