[LAU] Literally Odd Behavior: Linux Mint 17 (lowlat) with hdsp9652

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:02:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:38:05 +0100
Christoph Kuhr <christoph.kuhr at web.de> wrote:
> I experienced something similar, when the PCI connector wasnt mounted
> properly. But this time it is! Double checked!

If you experienced "something similar", regarding to a connectivity
issue, perhaps this time it's caused by dirty contacts.

> What might cause such behavior?
> PSU to small?
> Intel CPU stupid?
> VooDoo?

When at a few mobos the battery for the computer clock was empty, it
was mentioned and the only issue was, that the clock needed to be set
after startup. When the battery is empty on my current mobo, there's
no warning, but Voodoo happens, such as issues with startup. Costs for
the battery are is 1,- EUR.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Don't reply to a digest or at least trim it, never capture a
thread, since then even trimming wouldn't help.