[LAU] Generating click tracks

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Tue Nov 18 20:12:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am wondering, wether there is a way to create click tracks. Audacity
is quite limited, as it only creates quarter note clicks, while the
upper tempo setting is limited, so f.e. you cannot create 16th for
120BPM by means of scaling up the BPM.

Also, there are no triple notes, swing eighth or syncopated options
available, though I am afraid, those will be rather seldom, if availble
at all.

Are there any alternatives, that are at least a little more flexible
than audacity?

I am not talking about recording a plugin, like a softsynth, which is
liable to the internal (midi) clock oscillation, but generating an audio
track with really accurate clicks