[LAU] - an on the fly midi re-mapper?

Athanasios Silis athanasios.silis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:30:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I may not be naming what I want to do correctly so here is the long version.

I have a Behringer BRC2000 midi controller, connected to pc through usb.
It has 108 rotary knobs and buttons that, by default, send midi signals in
midi channel #0.

One can alter the channel of each controller by entering EDIT mode and
selecting the new midi channel. This is not fast for real time operation
though.

What I would like to do is read the value of one of the buttons that the
surface offers and depending on the value of that button, (on or off) I
would like to modify the midi channel of all the controllers of the
surface. To give an example, say the button is OFF , then all the
controllers send midi data on channel #0 . Then I press the button and then
all the controllers send midi data in channel #1.

If I use the 4 buttons at the bottom right corner of the BRC2000, I can
effectively access all 16 midi channels and thus have a whooping ( 108 cc -
4 addressing buttons ) * 16 midi channels = 1664 different controllers at
my disposal.

Is there an application out there which I can program to do that?
Surely I can develop a C++ application based on jakc API to do that, but I
wonder if there is something ready out there. If something like that does
not exist, would anyone be interesteed in developing it?

Thank you for your help.