[LAU] Extracting a single cycle wave from an audio sample

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Wed Oct 1 23:17:38 UTC 2014

Wed, 1 Oct 2014 23:04:44 +0200 (CEST), F. Silvain wrote :
> Hey hey everyone,
> is there a tool to extract a single cycle wave from sampled audio
> automatically without control by sight? I want to extract such a wave
> from a voice sample. It won't be singing but talking. That way
> finding pitch and experimenting looks difficult for me.
>
> If at all possible, I'm looking for a non graphical utility.

Do you mean looping an extract of a sample? Then I would suggest to
take a look at the phase-locked vocoder example in Puredata. It works
well to freeze, stretch and pitch-shift a "wave cycle".
The original paper:
http://msp.ucsd.edu/Publications/mohonk95.pdf

I believe there's now a way to run PureData patches from the command
line (without a GUI).

> Thank you for suggestions!

I hope it helps.
--