[LAU] Mix feedback on a new track?

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Oct 5 18:36:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 22:42:10 +0800
James Harkins <jamshark70 at qq.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just did a rough mix on a track... well, I think a little better than a
> rough mix, but I can't go much further without some other ears having a
> listen. All audio synthesis is in SuperCollider running in Ubuntu; then I
> recorded stems on disk and loaded those up into Ardour (2) for easier
> control over the mix.
>
> A variety of influences at play here -- hope some of you enjoy it!
> Generally I'd put it under the electronica label, though it doesn't exactly
> fit.
>
> http://www.dewdrop-world.net/audio/wiggle-room4.mp3
>
> I'm using CC-BY-NC-SA for this, as I usually do -- tagged as such in the
> MP3 comment field.
>
> Thanks!
> hjh

Finally got time to have a listen to this (on a circa 1975 Mid-Fi). Overall
the mix sounded OK to me, but the hihat sounded more like a shaker. I think it
lacked bite. Having said that it fitted with the overall sound. I agree that
stylistically it could have done with more variation.

Interesting and enjoyable track.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk