[LAU] zitaretuner

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Fri Oct 10 21:08:56 UTC 2014

Quoting Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>:

> Today I got an email of a user asking me to help him make a plugin
> called 'zitaretuner' work. I never wrote such a plugin, and I didn't
> even know it existed. So I can't help this user.

> I've complained about this sort of thing before, and this time
> I'm really pissed. So let one thing be clear: I will never again
> release any code under a license that allows this sort of thing
> to happen.

FWIW, I don't think any FLOSS license requires the person changing the
code to take responsibility for his or her changes. The licenses are
usually there to protect the creator of the original code.

I guess your case is somewhat similar to what Mozilla is seeing with
the Firefox code; they don't want distributions' changes to bite them
in the ass so they copyright the name and requires other people to
release the modified code under another brand name, such as IceWeasel.

JeffG seems fairly active on LinuxMusicians so you might have a chance
at contacting him over there.
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12820

  - Peder