[LAU] Dishonest marketing and the term "Open Source"

Johannes Kroll j-kroll at gmx.de
Sat Oct 18 15:19:33 UTC 2014

Hello all!

Keith McMillen has marketed their QuNeo controller as "Open Source" on
Kickstarter and other places (google "quneo open source"), while
actually it is not "open source" for any reasonable definition of the
term. Editor software source code, which is crucial for using the
device with Linux, has only reluctantly been released to a closed group
of beta testers. People are understandably disappointed.

What do you think?

The following is from Keith McMillen forum:
http://forum.keithmcmillen.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=651&start=140#p9641